Acne Scar Removal Treatment in Andheri, Mumbai
This is a common ailment which afflicts a large number of teenagers & young adults. Early treatment of acne is essential to prevent post acne scarring which may be lasting.
Complete acne treatment requires supervision & care by an experienced dermatologist. Acne therapy may require only medical therapy or multimodal therapy with peels &/or lasers. We offer acne scar removal treatment in Mumbai for both men and women with all safety standards at affordable costs. We are having specialist doctors for acne scar removal.
- Are you concerned about your acne scars?
- Do you want to say goodbye to ineffective and useless acne scar removal products?
If yes, visit us at the Skin and Shape skin clinic in Andheri, Mumbai. Dr. Anju Methil, our chief dermatologist, provides a comprehensive acne scar removal treatment in Andheri that may improve the appearance of your skin and boost your confidence.
Dr. Anju Methil is one of the best skin doctors in Mumbai with years of experience. She is also skilled in various medical and surgical dermatology and cosmetology procedures. Dr. Anju will examine your skin condition and begin treatment accordingly.
Please read on to learn more about acne, acne scars, scar removal treatment, and its benefits.
First, let’s understand,
How does acne form?
Acne occurs when the skin’s pores get clogged with oil, dead skin cells, and other impurities. A blocked pore encourages bacterial growth, resulting in pimples or acne, which are red bumps filled with pus. Acne breakouts leave scars on your skin, lowering your self-esteem.
How do acne scars form?
Acne scars are caused by inflammatory acne lesions such as red pustules, pus-filled acne, and cystic acne. Scars form when oil, dead skin cells, and toxins block skin pores.
When pus from acne penetrates the skin, it impacts healthy tissues, causing scarring. Also, picking, pinching, or popping the acne causes scarring. Severe acne, if left untreated, will leave a scar.
Now, let’s discuss,
Different Types of Acne Scars
These are flat, superficial depressions that heal beneath the skin’s top layer. The most common cause of these scars is severe cystic acne. However, other types of acne can also cause them.
The appearance of atrophic acne scars can differ depending on a person’s acne history. Atrophic scars are classified into three types:
These are broad, box-like pits with distinct edges. They may occur due to acne, chickenpox, or varicella. It is a virus that causes a red rash with blisters.
Boxcar scars commonly form on areas of relatively thick skin, such as the jaw and lower cheeks.
Ice pick scars
These are more minor, narrow indentations on the skin’s surface. On the cheeks, these scars are common. Ice pick scars are often difficult to treat and necessitate long-term, aggressive treatment.
Rolling scars vary in-depth and have sloping edges that make the skin appear wavy and uneven.
Hypertrophic and keloid scars
- Hypertrophic and keloid scars, in contrast to atrophic scars, appear as raised lumps of scar tissue where the acne once was. This occurs when scar tissue accumulates, sometimes from previous acne spots.
- The size of hypertrophic scars is the same as the size of the acne that caused them. Keloid scars form a larger scar than the acne that caused it and extend beyond the sides of the original spot.
- These scars are more common in the jawline, shoulders, chest, and back. This type of scarring is more common in people with darker skin.
- When acne heals, it often leaves a darker or discolored patch of skin behind. This is not a scar and will fade on its own with proper sun protection.
- Hyperpigmentation can occur when your skin is damaged by severe acne, or you pick at your acne. However, your skin will eventually return to its natural color with proper sun protection.
- People with darker skin and those who pick or squeeze their acne are more likely to develop post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Acne Scar Removal Treatments
At Skin and Shape, Dr. Anju Methil, a reputed skin specialist in Andheri, West, provides high-quality acne marks treatments that are effective and long-lasting. She may recommend the following or other more advanced acne scar treatments based on the scars’ severity and skin type.
- Micro-needling, also known as derma rolling, is a simple and effective acne scar treatment. It helps treat boxcar, ice pick, and rolling scars.
- The dermatologist employs a derma roller with 190 to 540 tiny pins during micro-needling. These pins range in length from 0.5mm to 1.0mm.
- The doctor determines the needle size based on the patient’s skin type and the area to be treated. They will roll the instrument across the skin during the procedure to stimulate bleeding. It will cause micro-traumas on your skin, causing collagen and growth factors production.
- Furthermore, the doctor will inject a nourishing serum into the pins to stimulate cell regeneration.
Benefits of Micro-needling:
- Safe process for individuals without any health issues.
- Speedy and less time-consuming process.
- Provides glowing, rejuvenated skin; and helps reduce acne scars.
- Do not wash your face for the rest of the day.
- Do not engage in any strenuous activities that cause sweating.
- Avoid sun exposure.
- Chemical peeling involves using chemical agents to exfoliate the outer layer of the skin and regenerate new skin cells.
- It is used to treat ice pick scars and uneven skin texture.
- Chemical peels produce new skin cells by carefully eliminating the first two dermal layers.
Benefits of Chemical Peels:
- Safe and quick procedure.
- Revitalizes your skin and gives a radiant glow.
Chemical Peeling Aftercare:
- Apply sunscreen to your skin to protect it from the sun.
- For one week following chemical peeling, avoid any invasive facial treatments.
It is an exfoliating treatment that uses a rotating instrument to remove the skin’s outer layers. It can be used to treat acne scarring, fine lines, sun damage, and uneven skin tone.
Benefits of Dermabrasion:
- Aids in the regeneration of new skin cells.
- Eliminates dead skin cells.
- Significantly reduces acne scars.
- Maintain a clean and moisturized face.
- To avoid infection, take the prescribed medications.
Laser Acne Scar Removal Treatment
- Laser scar removal treatment entails focusing very short-pulse or ultra-pulse energy light beams on the skin. It promotes wound healing, collagen production, and the reduction of aging signs. Laser treatment for acne scars helps treat boxcar, ice pick, and rolling scars.
Benefits of Laser Treatment for Scars:
- Exfoliates your upper skin layers.
- Eliminates severe acne scars and initiates new cell growth.
- Reduces scar tissue and activates collagen production.
- Helps restore skin in place of scar tissue.
Laser Treatment Aftercare:
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Don’t rub and scratch your skin.
These are gel-like substances composed of collagen, commercial filler, or fat. They aid in reducing acne scars such as boxcar or rolling scars. Fillers are injected beneath the skin’s ‘dermis’ layer to plump it and smooth out deeper scars.
Benefits of Derma Fillers:
- Reduces severe acne scars and improves skin texture.
- Restores volume and smoothens fine lines.
- Their effects last between six to eighteen months. Some, on the other hand, can be long-lasting.
Dermal Filler Treatment Aftercare:
- Avoid using topical products on your face.
- Don’t rub or scratch the treated area.
Post Acne Scarring
- This is also a common complaint amongst many teenagers & young adults.
- This is a sequalae of inadequately treated acne. Broadly, they may be classified into superficial & deep types.
- Different type of scars may require special procedures for correction like microdermabrasion, chemical peels, lasers, Subcision, fillers & fat grafting
- The ideal procedure for your skin type & the possible benefits can be determined after a personal consultation
You may undergo acne scar removal treatment if you have acne scars or an uneven skin texture that concerns you.
The majority of acne scar treatments are almost painless. However, laser treatment may cause only minor discomfort, but the pain is reduced by applying a local anaesthetic to the affected skin.
Yes. In general, a permanent acne scar removal treatment resurfaces the topmost layers of skin and sometimes deeper, depending on the severity of the scar. A laser scar removal treatment works on this principle to gradually lighten, tighten, and fade a scar.
The complications or side effects of acne scar treatment vary depending on the type of treatment. Before undergoing treatment, you should consult your doctor about the specific side effects.
To achieve the best results, most individuals will need at least three to five initial treatments spaced about four weeks apart – in other words; it may take four to six months to see the desired results.