Teenage Acne Treatment in Andheri, Mumbai
Acne in the teenage years is a natural part of puberty. It can make you feel self-conscious. Acne affects more than 85% of teenagers, especially during early adolescence.
Teenage acne can manifest as clogged pores, painful pimples, and lumps on the face, neck, upper arms, and chest. It is so common that surviving your adolescent years without acne or acne treatment is considered a miracle.
While over-the-counter teenage acne treatments may effectively prevent acne, it is important to recognize when they become ineffective, and a visit to one of the best skin doctors in Mumbai is required.
At Skin & Shape skin clinic in Andheri, Mumbai, Dr. Anju Methil offers various medications and/or dermatology procedures to treat teenage acne. She is a highly experienced and renowned skin doctor in Andheri.
Moreover, Dr. Anju Methil specializes in treating mild to severe acne breakouts. She aims to provide the most-effective teenage acne treatment in Andheri that can assist her teen clients in getting rid of those aggravating blemishes
Treating teen acne in its early stages is critical for preventing acne scars. To prevent scarring, Dr. Anju Methil may recommend the best teenage acne treatment based on your skincare needs, including the type and length of treatment, whether you are experiencing acne for the first time or are frustrated with persistent acne.
In this article, you will learn how to effectively treat and manage acne to avoid future breakouts.
What exactly is teenage acne?
Our skin comprises sebaceous glands, which produce oil or sebum. When a person reaches puberty, an excess of androgen hormone is secreted.
These hormones cause the oil glands to become hyperactive, causing them to produce more sebum. Excess oil combines with dead skin cells and debris, clogging pores and causing acne breakouts.
Now, let’s see,
What causes acne in teens?
- Acne is caused primarily by clogged pores, which result in pimples, pus-filled bumps, and red blemishes.
- Acne breakouts are commonly associated with teens due to hormonal changes during puberty when the skin’s glands produce more oil.
- Cosmetics and creams with oily components can also clog pores and cause acne.
- A family history of acne can also make some teenagers more prone to developing it.
Different types of teenage acne
Acne can manifest itself in various ways, and while it most commonly appears on the face, it can also appear on the neck, back, chest, and arms.
- Non-inflammatory acneis typically caused by a build-up of dead skin and oil on the skin, resulting in whiteheads, blackheads, and pimples.
- Inflammatory acneis a more severe form of acne that can be more challenging to treat. Inflammatory acne can manifest as painful nodules, red cysts, or large, pus-filled pustules.
Treatments for Teenage Acne
Depending on the severity of your acne, your skin specialist may prescribe medications or conduct additional tests before recommending a treatment.
To treat your acne, your dermatologist may employ one or more of the following options:
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications: For mild cases of acne, our seasoned skin specialist in Andheri, Dr. Anju Methil, may recommend using OTC topical medications such as face wash, soaps, gels, creams, and lotions. These typically include an active ingredient, such as tea tree oil, which combats acne-causing bacteria.
- Topical Medications: Skin doctors commonly prescribe topical medications to treat mild to moderate teenage acne. These include benzoyl peroxide, azelaic acid, tretinoin, and adapalene.Benzoyl peroxide has antibacterial properties and aids in controlling the oil production of the skin. Dermatologists often advise patients to apply resorcinol, sulphur, and prescription retinoids to acne-prone areas. They can effectively reduce blackheads, whiteheads, and inflammation.
- Oral Antibiotics: If you have persistent acne, your dermatologist may recommend oral antibiotics. Because these prescription drugs have anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, you can only use them for a short period.
- Chemical Peels: Depending on the severity of your acne, your dermatologist may recommend a mild acne control peel treatment. Salicylic acid or mandelic acid is present in the anti-acne peel. A few skin clinics may provide chemical peel treatments to teenagers as young as 15, but this is their decision. Salicylic acid peel is a superficial peel that treats large pores, acne, and blackheads by acting on the upper layers of the skin.Mandelic acid peel is excellent for treating teen acne and scarring. It is also suitable for people with sensitive skin.
- Oral Retinoids: Only after a thorough evaluation will a dermatologist prescribe oral retinoids to reduce acne scarring. They could use this to treat acne that is resistant or unresponsive.
How can teens prevent acne?
Here are a few simple acne-prevention tips for teenagers:
- Use a gentle cleanser and warm water to cleanse your face twice daily.
- Avoid picking or squeezing pimples, as it can cause further inflammation and scarring.
- Apply sunscreen, as it is essential for protecting your skin from harmful UV rays, especially if you have breakouts.
- Maintain a good skincare routine that includes using a toner to control oil production and a non-comedogenic moisturizerto nourish the skin.
We hope you found this article on teenage acne treatment in Mumbai to be informative and helpful. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and get advice from our expert skin doctor in Andheri.
Doc Anju is one of the best dermatologist I have come across in these few years.. she is so good at her work and makes u feel on top of the world through her treatments. I can vouch my face and body on her hands completely for further treatments..
Dr Anju Methil is an very good Dermatelogist Got wonderful results for the treatment given to my Son It’s a very hygienically maintained clinic Following all protocols so I knew my son was in safe hands. His first experience with a Dermatalogist was very good with good results .
I’ve been visiting Dr Anju since 2013 and I’ve always had a wonderful experience. The clinic takes good care of your requirements, very personalized and treatments are done carefully under professional supervision. The clinic is also highly hygienic.
Dr. Anju cleared up my severe skin rash in less than a month and is always there to answer any sort of questions I may have regarding my skin. She is amazing at reassuring me whenever I need her support. Very accurate with her prescriptions. Always a satisfactory result.
Dr Anju has always been amazing with her analysis of my issues related to skin and hair and her medications work on point specially for someone like me who has oversensitive skin. She listens patiently and is very confident with her prescriptions.
Dr Anju Methil has been a savior for me !! She is an excellent dermatologist. She is extremely knowledgeable and very friendly. She is also patient with all my questions and always gives me the correct advice.
It's very amazing to have such great skin Doctor. All the treatments are conducted under professional supervision. The clinic is very hygienic and safe. The staff are really very cooperative and supportive.
Dr. Anju Methil is excellent in skin and hair care... the clinic and the staff is very welcoming and warm... Me, my daughter and my mother-in-law have been their clients for the past 3 years and have always had a satisfying experience
Dr. Anju Methil is a very sweet doctor she is very courteous and excellent with her treatment I have never faced any problem after under going her treatment.She is very friendly in approach .
Frequently Asked Questions
Acne usually lasts until the pre-adult and adult stages. But it can last longer in some cases. Hormonal imbalance, stress, genetics, lifestyle choices, environmental conditions, and other factors all play a role.
Acne does not always go away on its own. Acne, if left untreated, can become chronic and result in acne scars. Acne can be effectively treated with advanced treatments at a skin clinic.
Many dermatologists believe that foods with a high glycemic index can cause breakouts. As a result, skin specialists emphasize changing dietary habits to control acne.
Water can help your skin in various ways. It helps improve your acne over time. Drinking water has both direct and indirect acne-treatment benefits. To begin, in the case of bacterial acne, water aids in the removal of toxins and bacteria from the skin, reducing the possibility of pore-clogging in the process.
Sleep deprivation, stress, and sweating are among the three primary acne triggers. When you don’t get enough sleep, your acne can flare up. Several studies have confirmed this.