Skin pigmentation, though not life threatening or any serious medical condition, can be the cause of great grievance for anyone who wants a flawless skin. Aging, sun exposure and lifestyle habits, all contribute towards pigmentation and it is something that can happen to both men and women. On the flip side, there are lots of pigmentation treatments in Mumbai, available for you to choose from.
Skin and Shape, a leading skin care clinic offers cost-effective treatment by two of the best dermatologists in Mumbai for pigmentation. The team of Skin and Shape believes in the philosophy of correct analysis, correct diagnosis and correct treatment. It is this philosophy that has enabled us to help and satisfy patients from all strata of the society in attaining the results they hoped for.
With a whole lot of surgical and non-surgical treatments available for pigmentation, the doctors at Skin and Shape guide you in choosing the option best suited for your needs and budget. Here, we present a run-down of all the treatments available for the problem of pigmentation:
- Chemical Peeling: These peels use different chemicals and formulas to resurface your skin. Depending on what is used as the abrasive, chemical peels are of three types, from mildest to strongest:
- Glycolic or AHA peel: The most superficial of all, AHA peels will give you a fresher, healthier and more radiant skin after one session but multiple sessions are required for more evident effects like getting rid of pigmentation, fine wrinkles, sun damage and spots. They are very simple and do not require a lot of post-procedure care.
- TCA Peel: These can be used to deal with problems like wrinkles, pigmentation, blemishes, etc. They can be mild to moderately deep depending upon the concentration of the TCA used. With less bleaching effect than Phenol peels, these can be used even for people with darker skin tones and those who require spot treatment.
- Phenol Peel: These are deep peels that are used to treat skins that have been damaged to a high degree like age related blotchiness, heavy pigmentation, sun-damage, rough wrinkles, etc. They, however, have a bleaching effect and hence not suitable for people with darker skin tone. They require several pre and post procedural care but have lasting effects.
- Dermabrasion: Also considered physical peeling, dermabrasion is performed under local or general anesthesia. While as effective as deep peels for wrinkles and scars, this method is not effective against pigmentation.
- Laser peeling: Laser peeling offers more control in terms of depth of injury than either chemical peel or dermabrasion. However, a lot of factors like skin type, medical issues, etc. all are taken into account before it is recommended. It has long post-procedural healing time but the effects are more profound and lasting.
At Skin and Shape, our team of expert doctors carefully analyze your skin and then proceed with the procedure that best suits your requirements. We aspire to give the best, cost-effective treatment to our patients so that they are happier and more comfortable in their skin which will be nothing short of flawless!