It is the favourite time of the year – when the smell of wet sand forces us to experience the divinity of a hot cup of tea and some yummy pakoras. It is monsoon! With the fluctuation in temperatures and unexpected rains at any time of the day, monsoons call for some extra special care for ourselves too, especially our skin!
Exposure to rains and humidity may affect our skin and make it look dull and lifeless. It also increases the risk of bacterial and fungal infections. As the famous saying goes, precaution is better than cure, here are 7 skin care tips, from the best skin care specialist in Mumbai, that will help you take good care of your skin.
1. Luke warm water : your skin’s best friend: While the climate outside is cool and pleasing, your skin may not be very fond of cold water in this chill weather. Luke warm water is the best to soothe your eyes and help your skin get rid of excess oil and bacteria. It is always a good idea to wash your face with Luke warm water multiple times a day.
2. Let your skin breathe: Remove the make-up and cleanse your skin properly every night. Cleansing opens the pores of your skin and allows it to breathe. Use a non-alcoholic, mild and good quality cleanser for best results.
3. Exfoliate: Exfoliation is most needed during monsoon, when skin and lips dry up in no time. Exfoliating your skin means washing away all the dead skin cells and increasing blood circulation.
4. Create a protective shield: The key to keep your skin protected is to moisturize! Moisturizing prevents dullness and creates a protective layer of moisture on the skin that keeps your skin hydrated.
5. Hydration: Believe it or not, drinking lots of water can work wonders on your skin! It helps improve blood circulation. Drinking water helps prevent bacterial and fungal infections. It also helps to flush out toxins and clear the skin, preventing dryness or cracking.
6. Eat Right: The right diet helps to keep skin soft, smooth and wrinkle-free. Food rich in vital vitamins can prove to be an amazing way to maintain a clear and glowing skin. Monsoons call for us to indulge into delicacies but choose right to keep your skin bright.
7. Bye-bye infection: Monsoon means unexpected rains. This may result in you, or at least your feet, getting a taste of the rain water. Always remember to not sit in wet clothes for a very long time. Apart from the possibilities of you catching a flu, your skin may also get infected with bacteria and develop infections. Keep this in mind especially if you regularly wear socks to work. Sitting around with wet socks means giving an open invitation to infection.
Pamper your skin this monsoon! Make good use of these tips from Skin and Shape Clinic, the best skin specialist in Mumbai, and go that extra mile to maintain a beautiful and bright skin.